Vacuum Infusion process
Zhermack range of silicone rubbers is specially formulated for use in the vacuum bagging processes now common in many areas of industry (automotive, marine, wind blade, etc.). Vacuum bagging is an increasingly common process in composite production. It uses an RTV2 poly addition silicone rubber bag to press elements into shape against the surface of a mould.
Vacuum allow to draw the resin into the molds and to press the membrane to reduce the thickness of the composites. The silicone reusable membrane can be used many times, without compromising a perfect fit surface finish to the formed part.
- High mechanical characteristics
- High dimensional stability
- Self bonding properties (a second layer can be cast within 24 h after casting the first layer)
- Good chemical resistance against polyester, vinylester, etc
- Perfect surfaces in both side of the mold;
- Translucent product in order to recognize the filling of the resin;
- NOTE: the suggestion is to keep thickness of 3-3,5 mm in order to allow the styrene to go through the membrane and increase the number of parts to reproduce
|Name||Chemical||Colour||Mixing ratio||Hardness (ShA)||WT (@ 23°C)||ST (@ 23°C)||Tear (N/mm)||Visc (cP)||Smallest pack||Std pack||Medium pack||Big pack|
|ZA 25-6 SPRAY SELF BOND*||RTV-2 Platinum cure||Light blue||1:1||25||6’||30’||26||8000||1 + 1 Kg||5 + 5 kg||25 + 25 Kg||200 + 200 kg|
|ZA 26 WT 10 Spray Thixo Self **||RTV-2 Platinum cure||Light blue||1:1||25||10'||1h||20||Thixo||na||3 + 3 kg||25 + 25 Kg||200 + 200 kg|
*Sprayable liquid silicone. Add the thixo agent to create a brushable product
**Sprayable and brushable thixo silicone
We suggest to keep thickness of 3-3,5 mm in order to allow the solvent to go through the membrane and increase the number of parts to reproduceInformation Request